Saturday, August 30, 2008

wonderful cat-sitters

I don´t want to forget my two cat-sitters; one sends me reports on how the gatos are doing. Here´s a quote which made me laugh out loud and the fellow next to me snuck a glance to see what was so funny:

"I was in your appt yacking away to the cats for about 15 minutes.. when John´s daughter came up, introduced herself and let me know John had a baby monitor set up (and on!) on your kitchen table to make sure all was fine in your appt. Oops, I hope Ï didn't say too much!"

My poor neighbour stresses about the cats more than I do when I am away. I asked him to check my messages and when I told him it was because someone would hopefully call if one was hit by a car - he was completely horrified at the thought. He said he sits on the floor very still every day until he sees each one. I am scooping out booze to take back as a gift. The local national drink is the Pisco - 34% alcohol. He complains that Guiness is a girly drink so I think that will be manly enough for him.

No comments: