Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aquas Calientes

"You need to take at least 200 soles extra emergency money as there are no ATMs in Aguas Calientes and higher commission on Travellers Checks."

The "Hot" Springs cost 10 soles. Lunch won't be more than 30 even if I have a beer. A t-shirt costs about 15. That leaves a whole lot of extra soles. I have a weird picture of myself staggering up Dead Woman's Pass with a tire of small bills around my gut!

"When you pay your entrance fee you are given a receipt and on the back of receipt is listed all the minerals that are found in the water - interesting info. The springs offer locked lockers for 1 Sole each and they hand you a key on a metal bracelet. I also understand they rent towels too. There are separate men and women's changing rooms each with nice size private stalls with curtains." (more)

Good to know! I was wondering what I was going to do with my knapsack, sleeping bag and miscellanous shopping.

No comments: