Sunday, September 7, 2008

Agua Calientes


Agua Calientes is an odd little town with railroad tracks running right through its middle. Restaurants and hostals line either side of the tracks but there are also winding side streets. It seems completely tourist-based, which is understandable as thousands of people visit Machu Picchu every week and pass through the town. Everything is very expensive.

Effrey managed to change my ticket to the 2pm train and directed me to a cheap internet cafe close by where I spent most of the next two hours. It started to pour again but I felt quite cosy wrapped in fleece, writing and sipping my first coffee in 4 days. I decided not to go to the hot springs but just to wait until I got back to the hotel to shower. Needless to say, I had a lot of space around me on the train as a result!

No comments: